I'm here for ASMR

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
mgarcia

I'm here for ASMR

Post by mgarcia » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 am

No seriously, :o
ASM is too scary for me, but I respect all the ASM'er here!

"Please say hello..."
>Hello

"tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning! "
>I recent saved a C64c and Atari 520STFM, I can't program ASM to save my life.
> I wouldn't mind learning ASM for SID programming.. :?

I'm just here to follow the the comp really and hang with super smart peeps ;)

akuyou

Re: I'm here for ASMR

Post by akuyou » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 pm

Welcome to the forum,

You shouldn't be scared of ASM, or any other programming language, you just need to start simply and take things from there.

It helps if you look at some simple examples, even if you don't really understand them you'll start to pick things up... then maybe try WinApe (the CPC emulator) - it makes ASM very easy,

on Winape You could get a character onscreen with a just a few lines of code, and then you could claim you've 'coded asm' - and that's something 99% of people will never do!
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

mgarcia

Re: I'm here for ASMR

Post by mgarcia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:53 am

Cool thanks, I'll check it out, but I'm leaning more to C64studio, tho.

I read this whole post...
https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic ... 23&start=0

Code: Select all

koctail wrote:	
I make a living writing python and c++ code, but I can't understand why programming the C64 is soooo difficult! I am just amazed how someone in the 1980's could program a game without any google, online tutorial, emulator or forum to post questions?
And here with all my c++ and modern scripting language knowledge can't make squat!	

I'm no programming genius, and I feel of his pain, but it's obvious a lot has changed since 20 years ago, more on the education and framework side, then anything else. The web 2.0 has really f'ed up a lot of things :/

My reply:
To quote Jon Blow "Deep knowledge replaced with trivia"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW-SOdj4 ... .be&t=2757[/youtube]

Anyway, Thanks Keith for what you do and I'll keep you posted ;)

Return to “Introductions”