Bushido Bomb

Made something in Assembly? Show it off, and tell us how it works...
Absolute beginners welcome... we want to see what you've done!
Forum rules
There is a special rule on this forum...
This forum is intended to offer equal amounts encouragement and constructive feedback...
Therefore, if you say 2 negative things about someones work, you must think of 2 or more equally positive things...

Eg: "Great first effort, the idea is absolutely fascinating... However I noticed a few bugs, and maybe the graphics could be improved..."

If you can't think of anything good to say, then don't say anything!

If we don't encourage newbie programmers they won't have the confidence and motivation to stick at it and become great programmers! *speaking from experience*
SleepingBurrito

Bushido Bomb

Post by SleepingBurrito » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Hello all. I used 6502 tutorial page on this site to learn how to program a cpu on the nes. With the help with the nes dev wiki I made this:

Bushido Bomb is a simple 2 player platform fighter. Its a hobby, open source, home brew project made to run on the nes. The objective is to die the least and the first player to get 9 deaths loose the match. You die in one hit, the idea came from the game Bushido Blade on the PS1. The player’s are bombs and you attack each other with a lit torch. The players and inside jokes on the map bomb basement are based off the video game website GiantBomb.

Controls:
a: jump
b: attack
start: pause
select: returns to main menu when in pause
left/right: move
down + attack: block
down + jump: fall though platform
up + select: starts AI mode
Holding Select: stops AI mode

pressing attack or block before hitting a wall will make you bounce off the wall if you already have momentum.

Link (Game and Source code)
http://keepabackup.com/BushidoBomb/BushidoBomb.html

laoong

Re: Bushido Bomb

Post by laoong » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:53 am

Wow. That looks awesome! The pace and dynamics are just great. Really good job!

mgarcia

Post by mgarcia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:22 am

Very impressive!
Thanks for sharing :)
Amazing how you embedded the NES emulator in the webpage too! :lol:

tricky

Post by tricky » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:58 am

Great game, how much 6502/NES experience did you have and how long did it take to get that working on a NES?

SleepingBurrito

Post by SleepingBurrito » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:32 pm

tricky wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:58 am Great game, how much 6502/NES experience did you have and how long did it take to get that working on a NES?
I had zero experience and chibiakumas was my start. It took 2 months, but 1 month was kinda just all research.

akuyou

Post by akuyou » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am

That's a cool little game! The bomb characters are really cute... it kind of reminds me of 'smash bros' or something like that!... I'm not familiar with GiantBomb, so I probably don't get the jokes.

You say you took just a month to develop this? that's really impressive - amazing work!

running it from a website is a great idea too... you should get some google ads on that page!!
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

YQN

Post by YQN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Looks really nice!

Return to “Show and Tell”