A short message

Made something in Assembly? Show it off, and tell us how it works...
Absolute beginners welcome... we want to see what you've done!
Forum rules
There is a special rule on this forum...
This forum is intended to offer equal amounts encouragement and constructive feedback...
Therefore, if you say 2 negative things about someones work, you must think of 2 or more equally positive things...

Eg: "Great first effort, the idea is absolutely fascinating... However I noticed a few bugs, and maybe the graphics could be improved..."

If you can't think of anything good to say, then don't say anything!

If we don't encourage newbie programmers they won't have the confidence and motivation to stick at it and become great programmers! *speaking from experience*
YQN

A short message

Post by YQN » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello folks!

I have just made my first assembly program, on an Atari ST (actually my second - the first was displaying a 8x8 pixels square, it was an exercise trying to understand bitplanes, 2 years ago).

But I made one more step :) I'm now displaying a text, loading characters from a 8x8 font from a .PI1 image. Be advised, this short video features EXPLICIT CONTENT but it should be safe-ish for work (no images). :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUPrjhfeQk

akuyou

Re: A short message

Post by akuyou » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:28 pm

Heh!, very good!

I understand your comments on bitplanes, The pixel layout of the AtariST seems especially weird if you ask me.

I will now listen to some tracks on your soundcloud!
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

YQN

Re: A short message

Post by YQN » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:56 pm

akuyou wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:28 pm Heh!, very good!

I understand your comments on bitplanes, The pixel layout of the AtariST seems especially weird if you ask me.

I will now listen to some tracks on your soundcloud!
Well it's frustrating to have to write that much code just to change a few pixels but, the more difficult the more rewarding :)

Hope you like the music :)

Return to “Show and Tell”