New 6502 based Fantasy Console: The Fanticon (currently in Alpha)

Made something in Assembly? Show it off, and tell us how it works...
Absolute beginners welcome... we want to see what you've done!
Forum rules
There is a special rule on this forum...
This forum is intended to offer equal amounts encouragement and constructive feedback...
Therefore, if you say 2 negative things about someones work, you must think of 2 or more equally positive things...

Eg: "Great first effort, the idea is absolutely fascinating... However I noticed a few bugs, and maybe the graphics could be improved..."

If you can't think of anything good to say, then don't say anything!

If we don't encourage newbie programmers they won't have the confidence and motivation to stick at it and become great programmers! *speaking from experience*
lerugray

New 6502 based Fantasy Console: The Fanticon (currently in Alpha)

Post by lerugray » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

Hi everyone,

While essentially a noob at assembly myself, I am helping to develop a new Fantasy Console called the Fanticon which uses a cycle accurate 6502 as its base and is fairly functional in its current alpha state. An editor and debugger were just added. Currently the dev (not me) is looking for more testers, your experience with 6502 doesn't matter as eventually its meant to be a teaching tool. Next feature coming up will be the sound engine.

you can read more about it at www.fanticon.net - shoot me an email or message on here and i'll get you on the discord if you are interested. Thanks!!

puppydrum64

Re: New 6502 based Fantasy Console: The Fanticon (currently in Alpha)

Post by puppydrum64 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:28 pm

That's really cool! I was thinking about building my own 6502-based computer myself. Does it run on an NMOS 6502 or the CMOS 65c02?

Return to “Show and Tell”