Hello

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
Genetic Species

Hello

Post by Genetic Species » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 am

Gald we have a forum now. :)

I grew up using the Amstrad CPC, a brief stint with the Spectrum, and then the mighty Amiga.

I've wanted to make games for the classic 8bit and 16bit systems from my childhood and teens, but never found the time or materials to learn the hardware.

But now we have these great videos and website, utterly amazing work and effort in these.

By day, I'm a senior computer scientist at Adobe, using C++ mostly. In my time at home, I generally write small games in C with the SDL library. Really can't wait to get into programming the metal. \m/

akuyou

Re: Hello

Post by akuyou » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 am

Thanks for signing up... It's really kind of you, and I'm honored that so many people are finding my tutorials useful.

To be honest when I started making them, I doubted I had enough technical skill, let alone ability to explain and document the content, so to get feedback like this is really something.

It's been my plan ever since expanding out from the Z80 to do a pure ASM forum if I could, and now the 6502 & 68000 tutorials are going well, and Youtube have monetized my account* it seemed like the time to really take things to 'the next level'

I'll do my best to answer your questions, and of course, keep making the videos, and improving the documentation on my site!

*Youtube monetization will make me about $2 a month it seems... it's not the money - it's the fact my channel is big enough now for youtube to look at - and give the content the OK
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

Return to “Introductions”