Hello there!

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
SamusDrake

Hello there!

Post by SamusDrake » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:27 am

Hi, my name is Steven and a game development enthusiast.

I came across ChibiAkumas - and Keith's video tutorials - while looking for resources on learning assembly. I've been pursuing games since the ZX Spectrum 48K+ first appeared and since then always wanted to learn to write professional games for it. Sadly times moved on and we began to learn higher level languages instead...

While I'm focusing on the Oculus Go these days I don't feel I'm a true programmer until I learn Assembly. I'm very comfortable with C and as far as Z88DK and SGDK, but Z80 is what I would like to learn.

Anyway, I appreciate the site Keith and your hard graft.

Cheers.

Steve.

akuyou

Re: Hello there!

Post by akuyou » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Interesting to hear your comemnts...

Im no amazing C programmer, but I've written a few little things in it over the years, but Assembly has something different that intrigues me... the fact you can go to hardware directly without relying on drivers and operating systems is refreshing and interesting!

Best of luck with the Z80 programming, Please feel free to show off your work in the 'Show and Tell' forum when you're ready.
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

SamusDrake

Re: Hello there!

Post by SamusDrake » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:38 pm

Thank you Keith.

Oh, I must just praise your Winape/AmstradCPC lessons. After years of searching for a genuine beginner's introduction to assembly, those are the very best I have come across. I never had the pleasure of the Amstrad CPC and had to use shift+6 to get "&" in CPC basic, and yet it was easy to follow and understand. I'm also starting to admire the CPC itself.

Anyway, cheers once again.

Return to “Introductions”