Strela checks in

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
Strela_999

Strela checks in

Post by Strela_999 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a newcomer to the forum that I've discovered randomly on Youtube, and my main area of interest here is to see if I can homebrew Master SYstem games.
I've got some basic experience in coding (I modded some PC games and write in HTML, CSS, Java) but that's ultra basic and unrelated to 8 bit consoles, so I'm just a premium newbie instead of an regular one, let's say. But at least, I learn quickly, so I hope I'll soon be able to show you something cool!

See you on the forums.

akuyou

Re: Strela checks in

Post by akuyou » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:01 am

Welcome to the forum, Thanks for dropping by!

So you're looking to do some SMS programming,Great!... I'm sure you'll have no major problems if you can manage Java and the like.
What kind of games are you planning to develop?

When you start programming, make sure you show off your progress in 'Show and Tell'... there's a little competition, and two people who post will win a little prize:
https://www.chibiakumas.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=8&t=282

All the best,
Keith
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

Strela_999

Re: Strela checks in

Post by Strela_999 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks! I'm not able to take part in any show and tell right now, unless it involves showing me reading tutorials and telling I can't wrap my head around it, but I'll make sure to post any coll looking thing I can come up with!

Regarding the games, I'd like to do a basic shoot'em up game to begin with, and then try to see if I can homebrew a simple RPG.

Return to “Introductions”