I'm gonna rewind to 1982!

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
JohnnyRockets

I'm gonna rewind to 1982!

Post by JohnnyRockets » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:17 am

Hi all!

Great to be on the forum, from Michigan, USA.

Really looking forward to learning from you all!

I'm an IT Manager for a global chemical company, but I've always been a closet, wannabe, 8-bit programmer!

When I was 13 the Commodore PET just came out and I REALLY wanted one! My Dad said no way, because they were SUPER expensive. Later on I got a VIC-20, but always drooled over the C64. I really wanted to learn to program games, but life got in the way, college came, and here we are, finally with a little bit of time! :)

Fast forward to today, and the nice thing is that I can choose the system I want to develop on! And the (emulated) cost is free!

I'm finding myself wanting to dive into Commodore PET programming still, but need to understand where to start! I have programmed in MANY languages, including a little Assembly for the 68000 Apple processor back in college. Anyway, here I am and glad to be here! :)

Nice to meet you all!

JR

akuyou

Re: I'm gonna rewind to 1982!

Post by akuyou » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:13 am

Welcome to the forum... glad to have you!

I totally agree that emulation gives us all fantastic, and gives us a great easy way to enjoy and learn programming on these old classics.

The PET isn't a machine I'm familiar with, I've done some VIC-20 programming - but I was a CPC kid back in the day, all these 6502 mysteries passed me by!

I never did any assembly programming back in the day, but finally got to learn it a few years ago on the Amstrad, and I found it fascinating and enjoyed looking at computer programming from a lower level.

Here's hoping you have lots of fun learning 6502, and programming the PET!

Take care,
Keith
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

JohnnyRockets

Re: I'm gonna rewind to 1982!

Post by JohnnyRockets » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:17 am

Thank you!

Very excited to have found this forum!

JR

Return to “Introductions”