ChibiAkumas game not running on MSX2+

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
jorgino

ChibiAkumas game not running on MSX2+

Post by jorgino » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:02 pm

Hello all,

I'm new here and I'm very interested in learning Assembly and creating games for my beloved platform, the MSX. I own several models from different generations such as MSX, MSX2, MSX2+ and lately I've been eye-balling a Turbo-R! Anyway, I would love to be able to run the game ChibiAkuma but for some reason it won't work on my Panasonic FS-A1WSX MSX2+ equipped with a Carnivore2 and VR9990 cartridges. I couldn't find much information other than type 'Run "v9990.bas"' so I'm not sure how I can make this game work, I would absolutely love to be able to play it on original hardware. Any help is welcome. Thank you!

akuyou

Re: ChibiAkumas game not running on MSX2+

Post by akuyou » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:10 pm

I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on that platform, it was tested on the WSX physical hardware

I can't remember if I tested it on physical hardware with the 9990, but I certainly tested that combo on an emulator.

Does it work without the V9990, can you try on another MSX2 system to check your disk image is ok?

I'm not familiar with the Carnivore2, are you using it as a disk emulator?
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

Return to “Introductions”