Hola from Sunny Scotland

Say Hello... tell us your what you know, and what you're interested in learning!
Forum rules
Please say hello... tell us what systems & CPU's you can program, and what you're interested in learning!
Gee-k

Hola from Sunny Scotland

Post by Gee-k » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am

Hi all,
For a change that "sunny Scotland" isn't sarcasm as it is actually sunny here today.

Anyhoo. I'm here in the hopes to share my learning of z80 ASM (and maybe some more once i've managed to make a few things for that) and ask questions when I get stuck, which (I foresee) will be frequently. Purely for fun to make some games for my Amstrad CPC's and maybe I'll move onto a VIC-20.

I'd like to make a pontoon game for the Amstrad first as I thought it's pretty simple (the game itself I mean) as a starter.
I'm used to coding things, but only in web languages (PHP and MySQL mainly). So this will be a nice test for me.

Nice to meet all you codaholics!
You don't fail, You learn how it's not done.
https://www.gee-k.net : Where I blog about my random geeky goings on.

akuyou

Re: Hola from Sunny Scotland

Post by akuyou » Sat May 04, 2019 10:09 am

Thanks for signing up! Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the CPC... I'm certain if you can manage SQL and PHP, you can do ASM...

I learned Z80 only a couple of years ago, and up to that point I'd mostly done things like VB/VB.Net and SQL, I think if you've got your head around the logical stuff on programming, you can take to a different language with relative ease, and the advantage (IMHO) of ASM is there are so few commands to learn!

Glad to hear the weather is good in scotland... I'm from England originally, though I now live in Japan... and it's going to get far too sunny in a month or two when the 'hot season' starts...

I'm doing some Vic-20 tutorials in my 6502 series too... so if you get 'bitten' by the ASM bug, there's more you can progress to later if you want!

Have fun,
Keith
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter! // 「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG ! // Work in Progress: ChibiAliens

Interested in CPU's :Z80,6502,68000,6809,ARM,8086,RISC-V
Learning: 65816,ARM,8086,6809

Kitsune Mifune

Post by Kitsune Mifune » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 pm

I'm from Scotland too. Gee and I met on the CPC forum a few days ago, and it turns out we're actually from the same hometown.

I think I'm lower-tier noob when it comes to Z80 assembly though, but hopefully we can all work together to get everyone up to MegaKeith level of competence.

ありがとうございました
Programming: 90% failures, 10% victories, and 100% hair loss!

Gee-k

Post by Gee-k » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 am

Ha, yeah. I now live where you're from and you live (near) where I used to.. crazy old world.
I'm originally from East Ayrshire, but keep that to yourself...
You don't fail, You learn how it's not done.
https://www.gee-k.net : Where I blog about my random geeky goings on.

Return to “Introductions”