SNDH player with pitch visualization for Atari ST

Made something in Assembly? Show it off, and tell us how it works...
Absolute beginners welcome... we want to see what you've done!
Forum rules
There is a special rule on this forum...
This forum is intended to offer equal amounts encouragement and constructive feedback...
Therefore, if you say 2 negative things about someones work, you must think of 2 or more equally positive things...

Eg: "Great first effort, the idea is absolutely fascinating... However I noticed a few bugs, and maybe the graphics could be improved..."

If you can't think of anything good to say, then don't say anything!

If we don't encourage newbie programmers they won't have the confidence and motivation to stick at it and become great programmers! *speaking from experience*
YQN

SNDH player with pitch visualization for Atari ST

Post by YQN » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Hi,

I thought I'd make a program every time I upload a new tune :)
This way I can acquire new skills for every tune I make and try to be creative!

This time I made a simple (and note quite accurate) pitch visualization, and some text printing from a custom font.

TOS file attached, if you want the source just ask (it's very messy which is why I'm being shy about it).

Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wszRJuzX4Hc
Attachments
xorthern.rar
(25.22 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Voyager_sput

Re: SNDH player with pitch visualization for Atari ST

Post by Voyager_sput » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 am

Love the tune :)

The visualization is a really nice touch (not to mention the exploding disk message had me cracked up :D)

matibee

Post by matibee » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Very cool. It's nice to see it running on real hardware - even if that is the most unorthodox mouse position I ever saw :mrgreen:
I'm not doing ST stuff at the moment so thanks for the youtube version :-)
Hobbyist coder for over 37 years! Last 20 years: C/C++, Windows, DirectX, OpenGL, Newton, JUCE, Godot.
Current collection: Atari; 2600, 800xl, 130xe, XEGS, 520stfm, 1040stfm, Lynx. SNES. Megadrive. GBA. PSP. 48k Speccy. C64, Amiga 500+. PS1, 2 & 3

YQN

Post by YQN » Fri May 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Voyager_sput wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 am Love the tune :)
Aww thanks! Music is the reason why I got into assembly in the first place :)
Voyager_sput wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 amThe visualization is a really nice touch (not to mention the exploding disk message had me cracked up :D)
Thanks! I'm currently working on an improvement of the visualization :) It looks better when scrolling instead of "scanning", and I was only using the least significant byte of the pitch data from the YM registers. Assembly is a lot of fun!

matibee wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:24 pm Very cool. It's nice to see it running on real hardware - even if that is the most unorthodox mouse position I ever saw :mrgreen:
I'm not doing ST stuff at the moment so thanks for the youtube version :-)
Thanks!

Return to “Show and Tell”